Monday, December 13, 2010

past weekend....

My store is closing for the Holiday season this Wednesday! So you only have two more days to buy buy buy.

My mom came to visit us in cold Chicago this past weekend. We took her to zoo lights, which is an amazing display of thousands of lights in animal forms all around the zoo. The animals wanted nothing to do with the late night visitors, and most were asleep. It was great fun, even though it was freezing. Then on Saturday we went to the Field Museum. I love being in a place of so many great Clovis points, mayan artifacts, and dinosaurs. It makes me remember my undergraduate career, sitting in an old lab with broken pots from Hopewell all around, studying all the projectile points in my thick yellow textbook. ah, the joys of archaeology. I miss it.

The museum I work at has amazing christmas trees everywhere. I must remember to take my camera to work and take loads of photos. I wish everyone could see it and love the trees as much as I do. every morning the giant tree decorated in mainly pink makes me gush everyday.

I took today as a personal day, and did NOT leave to go into single digit temperatures all day. I napped, watched trash tv, and checked my email about 60 times.

Oh, my sister sent some pre-Christmas gifts with my mom. this gem made my day. Thanks Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment