Sunday, August 21, 2011

7 things about me.



In keeping with my trying to blog more, I'm going to blog about what I know...me. I thought I would share 7 small things about me, to kind of get to know me a little better.

1.) I like being by lakes, rivers, and even oceans. I especially like the great lakes. Water relaxes me. for the most part.

2.) I met my best friend in the entire world in November 2007. We started dating in Jan. of 2008, and we haven't looked back since. I'm so happy that of all the bars in Chicago, I walked into his and my friend picked the seat at his bar. perfecto.

3.) I get mad when crime solving t.v. shows have inaccurate science. I love forensics, and I love the crime solving t.v. shows, but sometimes I get too wrapped up and end up yelling at Bones about anthropologists not being able to determine that.

4.) Speaking of, I have a degree in anthropology. I focused on historical archaeology, and did quite a bit of lab work. I think the most interesting artifact I analyzed was an old music box motor, which took me nearly 2 years to determine what it was. of course, without asking.

5.) My favorite movies in no order are: ghostbusters, singin in the rain, and wizard of oz.

6.) I started my jewelry career with a simple class at Joanns. My sister suggested taking a class there since it was half off. I signed up, and fell in love. the metal working was what made so excited. Even twisting or bending a wire reminded me of my blacksmithing days.


7.) I am a VERY proud Michigander. I love all things related to Michigan. One day, I will find my way back there... I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment