Monday, June 27, 2011

Dreaming Big



I love what I do. I love creating and matching colors. I love bending metal, and using tools. I love hammering steel, and the glow of the fire. I love teaching. I love being surrounded by excitement, and the scaffolding for knowledge. I just can't get enough of teaching and my jewelry business. It makes me, me.

On our trip back from Mackinac, I saw an empty store front and I got a bit antsy. Which, if you know me, like really know, you know this is nothing new. I'm always antsy. Just today I fiddled with THREE paper clips until they broke in a span of 5 minutes. I can't watch movies because I get up and pace. I am an antsy person, but this store front, it was different.

When we left, I felt a pull to that store front, in which I spent way too much money at as a girl scout visiting the island back in the 90s and early 2000s. I told Keith, kidding of course, that one day I want to open a store on Mackinac. I don't know if I'm kidding anymore. I would love to own a small trinket shop up there, but not like the rest. Maybe one day eh?

When I lived on the island, we regulared this bar that was an irish bar, with loads of decor all of the walls. My favorite was a vintage sign that read "Beware pickpockets and loose women" I loved it, and I'm not sure why. Well, I found one on etsy, and told Keith about it in passing. He found a really swanky one, that was handmade to look vintage. It's much nicer then the one at the bar. I love it!

Upon giving it to me he said "for when you open your own shop!" Too bad, I'm not leaving museums for awhile, so we might have to wait 20 years to hang it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment